Monday, September 28, 2009

Two-faced Cards

Remember the splitting headache you Dodgers fans had every time Walter Alston would send Joe Moeller out to the mound? Well, now it's Joe's turn! One day in 1968, I opened a 5-pack of cards and this one fell out:

I suppose this is technically a Bob Allison card, because the back is intact:


On the same day (but I don't remember if it was in the same pack), I got this one:


Well, at least Topps recognized that Luis Aparicio's position is 'Shortstop' and not 'Infield' (as in 1967)!

3 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

That's a new one on me! :-)

What a unique Aparicio card!

gcrl said...

nice.

i had a similar experience with 1978 topps - see this post:

http://garveyceyrusselllopes.blogspot.com/2008/11/so-long-baseball-card-blog-im-going-to.html

unclemoe said...

Awesome!

moe.